Potato-Less Potato Salad
- Wash and trim three dozen radishes (three bunches). Cut them in half and add them to a saucepan containing 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 1/2 cups water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring them to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the radishes are fork-tender.
- Drain the radishes and toss them with a dressing made of...
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Roasted Radishes With Brown Butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and brush a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Cut all but 1/2 inch of the tops off the radishes. Wash the greens well and chop them.
- Cut the radishes in half and toss them in 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread them on the baking sheet, flat-sides down. Sprinkle them with coarse kosher salt, and roast them for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with a pinch of coarse salt until the butter is a golden brown -- about 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and toss with the radishes. Top the dish with the chopped radish greens.