Packet of All Annual Wildflower Seeds
99% Pure Live Seed
Purchase our All Annual Wildflower Seed Mixture, for a specialty blend of colorful wildflowers that are perfect for bouquets and floral arrangements. This mixture consists of 21 species of wildflowers, 81% of which are annuals, while the other 19% are tender perennials. (Tender Perennials can act as Annuals in colder temperatures) The majority of the wildflowers within this mixture will grow to a mature height of 18 to 24 inches tall. Some varieties can grow to as tall as 124 inches tall, and the shortest growing plants will only grow to a height of 8 to 12 inches tall.
Annuals will grow quickly from freshly harvested seeds. They bloom profusely through the summer months and later die with the first killing frost. Seeds can easily drop to the bare ground beneath, regrowing fresh plant life the following year. Biennials and tender perennials will require a two year growing period before blooming. This blend of Wildflowers will produce plants in practically every color of the rainbow, from red, orange, yellow, blue, violet and even green & white. A few popular favorites are Cosmos, Calendula, California Poppy, Lupine and Black-Eyed Susan as well.
Sowing The Seed
Some wildflowers can be started indoors and later transplanted, however this particular mixture of seed is best established directly outdoors, when the weather is warm and all danger of frost has passed. Begin by prepping your sowing area by tilling the dirt. You can do this by using a shovel or a motorized tiller device, such as the rototiller. This piece of equipment is sold at many local garden centers and home improvement stores. You may consider renting one, versus buying it outright if you don't plan to use it often. Once the dirt is loosened up, rake away any old plant life and level your sowing area.
Now that you are ready to plant the seed mixture, simply pour the seeds in a bowl or bucket, mixing them with a bit of play sand. Scatter the seeds to the surface of the soil, allowing them to receive direct sunlight. This is crucial for most wildflower seeds to develop, so don't cover them with soil. Instead, use a roller or the back of a shovel, to lightly press the seed mixture into place. Water immediately after sowing, to make sure that they stay put. Use a light shower setting, or mist setting to avoid washing them away.
Germination & Groth Habits